Tuesday 25 September 2012

Fair Isle Finale



Well this will be my last post from Fair Isle (actually being done retrospectively at home). What an amazing experience, although it does seem that I left a few days too early; needless to say I was more than gutted when I saw what had turned up on Sunday. That is not to say that I didn't see some amazing birds, it just means I'll have to go back! So here are the last few pictures I took there, including my first Marsh Warbler, Skylark, Whinchat (in the hand) and a rather rare and tiny eastern Grasshopper Warbler; its' wing length was 3mm below the range of that of our resident Grasshopper Warblers.

Marsh Warbler, Acrocephalus palustris

Skylark, Alauda arvensis

Whinchat, Saxicola rubetra

Common Grasshopper Warbler, Locustella naevia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment